Monday, October 27, 2008

New Cargo Home

Hey guys,

Oren and I are finally moving out of our sweet little apartment - into a shipping container! We found it yesterday and are moving tomorrow. Describing it doesn't quite do it justice ("two cargo containers, painted turquoise, welded together and insulated") but when we walked in I felt like jumping up and down (I might have even a little on the outside because the landlord laughed) - I have never felt like I wanted to live somewhere as much as this place! And as an added bonus, the house was featured on the Build It Green Portland tour last spring, and is made of 85% recycled/reclaimed materials.


Like I said, the description doesn't quite do it, so we posted pictures on our own blog - and the house has its own website and blog, too! www.conexhouse.com

We'll let you know when we have the Housewarming Party for everyone still in town.

Hope everybody's doing well!
Julie

No comments: