Friday, March 27, 2009

Healing

I know I just recently blogged, but when one is forced to sit on her butt for days on end, one gets a little antsy. After 7 months on a bum ankle, I finally had a surgical repair. For those of you that I took boards with, remember how the day before I had rolled my ankle while running and was hobbling around? Well 6 months later I was finally convinced to see a health care provider and discovered I had 2 unhealed torn ligaments and a small peice of my lateral malleolus broken off. Needless to say I do not have a lot of faith in the ottowa ankle rules, nor am I proud of my clinical judgement in this case...
Anyways, I had a little arthroscopy and repair on 3/26. It was VERY strange being the one spread-eagle on the OR table but everything went fine. Now my job is to stay home, take my hydrocodones (yeah I might be a bit stoned now), and heal.


Other than that, things in AK have been good. The Iditorod finished up fairly recently, and it was great fun to watch the teams as they ran on the trail just behind my condo. It was a gorgeous day, one that reminds me why I love it here.



We have also been dealing with the eruption of Mt. Redoubt - 103 miles SW of Anchorage. Its 1st eruption was Sunday night (3/22), and it has kept at it, most recently going off again twice last night, once this morning, and the last report around 5:30 pm this evening. So far Anchorage has been lucky to not get any ash fall - seems like everyone around us has gotten some. It's doing a good job disrupting the air travel in and out of Anchorage.


I hope everyone is doing well. I am really enjoying everyones' posts and congrats on all the new babes!!!


Love, E

No comments: