Saturday, December 6, 2008

So sorry to dissapoint you Adam...

Hey to my long lost classmates!

I totally miss you guys but I don't miss GH5 at all. It is amazing how time flies! Here is my update:

Nate and I moved to Pasadena, CA where it is still sunny and warm in December (hardly feels like the Holidays). Anyway, Nate is enjoying school and has mastered the language of Greek. His final is on Monday and then will be moving on to Christmas vacation (how I miss those days). We moved down here at the end of August into an apartment near his school (housing is not so cheap down here). But it is a 2-bedroom so if anyone ever feels like coming to visit Sunny California, you can always stay with us. We love visitors.

Not going to lie... it has been an adjustment being away from our families and friends, but we are doing good. I started my job in Peds Ortho at the Children's hospital of Los Angeles on Sept. 15. It was weird at first but now I have seem to get into the swing of things. I am in the OR usually every Friday when the Residents are gone at ground rounds. I have enjoyed that. I also love working with the kids and I am working with and learning from some world-renowned docs which is pretty cool. There are 2 other PA's which are great. I really like the people I work with and laugh a lot at work. I definitely have had a steep learning curve trying to learn how they do things. I usually work with 3 docs... the sports medicine doc, peds bone tumor doc, and another doc that sees a lot of kids with cerebral palsy. It has been fun!

Nate and I had about 2 weeks before I started working so we hung out a lot with Kirstin and Nathan- went to the beach, the LA fair, hiking, etc. Other than that we have just been trying to meet people, get involved in a church, watch football, and now our most recent purchase was Guitar Hero World Tour and a PS3 (Nate is in heaven and I like playing the drums. Bet some of you didn't know that about me. :-)

Well that is all I have from here... we are looking forward to coming back to the NW for Christmas (since it doesn't feel like Christmas down here since it is too warm). I tried to attach some pics... hopefully it worked.

Miss you guys. I check the blog multiple times a week to see how people are doing and read what they post. It has been fun. Thanks for keeping me entertained. If any of you want to come visit we would love to see you! Hard to think it has already been 4 months!

Kristi (and Nate)

P.S. I think we should start a bet on which female in our class will get pregnant first since all the men have started/continued their families. (don't put your money on me. :-)

1 comment:

Bex said...

Kristi! Hi! I miss you. I found you on Kaytee and Amanda's blog. It's fun to read about your life down in Cali. I'll be in Minnesota for Christmas but I'd love to catch up. :-)