Saturday, June 6, 2009

I win!









To my PA-C ers,

So, I'm thinking there is a contest to see who is the first woman in the class to get pregnant... and unless there are any other takers, I think I win! You may have seen my pregnant self in Julie's non-wedding video--so yes, that's me. I thought I better let you all in on the news before I actually deliver!

Carter and I are expecting our little arrival in September. Our little Critter, as we call him/her--it's a surprise--has been with us for some time now. I have been slow on announcing since I have been job hunting most of the time since I have been pregnant and figured the less people that know, the better for possible employment (Portland is certainly a small town...) In other news, we bought our first house together in March and have been happily settling in in NE Portland. Oh, and oh yeah, we got married in September, but that is old news. :)

As far as work goes, that is not as exciting. I took a job right after school with OHSU. It was a management job in women's health (Fertility and Reproductive Endocrinology) that had the potential to turn into a PA job. Due to the economy, that didn't materialize and I left that position after 4 months to focus on looking for PA work. I have had several interviews with great feedback; however, nothing firm yet. I thankfully have the Critter to focus on, as well, I'm now planning on getting something lined up post-Critter.

I hope to see many of you in August at the reunion. If there is indeed a reunion in August, I'll be the very large one finding the most comfortable chair, enviously watching all of you sip on tasty alchoholic beverages! I hope to see you there!

xoxoxo, Carol

1 comment:

Kristi said...

WOW!!! I was wondering after watching Julie's video. I was kind of freaking out! CONGRATULATIONS Carol and Carter. I am very excited for you two. You are a beautiful pregnant woman. (P.S. your house is adorable and I am jealous!)